Monday, December 15, 2008

Time for a New Watch


It’s interesting how your life can be completely fine, you meet someone new or get to know someone on a different level, and you don’t know how you got along without knowing them before. It’s like you can’t even remember that you were ok before. What is it that triggers inside of you that makes someone feel that way? It is some sort of familiarity that makes them feel connected with you? Is it that they have filled a hole or a gap inside of you that was needing some patching up?

I just finished watching “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and found the story line intriguing. So many people come out of one relationship and feel like they need all of this time to pass before they should get into another one - or that they should play the field for a while rather than exploring yet another relationship. I guess that works for some people. Not sure why it has to be that way, or if really it is more of an excuse that people give themselves and others for a variety of reasons. Then again maybe starting a new relationship really is all about timing. It can't be too close to a previous relationship, and obviously not when one is current. I am sure there is some time frame that needs to be dodged so that people aren’t in their "playing the field mode". Honestly, I think all of it is just an excuse. But if timing is all it is, maybe I need to be asking for a new watch for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. You should get a Swatch. They are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Please... Comment away!