It’s 1:30 in the morning and I’ve just wrapped up catching up on a few of the favorites on the DVR. I’m wondering how certain people I know are doing. Some of them are close by. Some of them are very far away.
Just when you get to the point where your friends, your therapist (and yourself) think you have gotten re-grounded after a rocky few months, another curve ball is bound to come your way. On a side note, I just found myself smiling when I wrote that – as it made me think of one of my girlfriend’s online photo albums titled “2011…Take 2!”. I’m not sure what “take” I am on but I am pretty certain I am past my second.
I know what curve ball is coming my way – I was warned about it on Friday after an extremely tough week at work. The funny thing is, as much as I want to throw my hands up with the situation, when it comes down to it, it’s just another curve ball. Life will go on…in a different way…but it will go on. I always like to believe there are reasons that go along with what life throws at us. Like there is a lesson to be learned or some message we are supposed to get from it. Don’t get me wrong – there are some days I don’t believe that at all. Well, that’s not entirely true…I probably still do believe it, but the curve ball is so frustrating and unfair, it feels as if there cannot be a logical explanation for it. But I guess do still believe it.
I’ve had some things I’ve needed to work on in 2011. At the beginning of the year, I thought I had most of them worked out. Unfortunately I had to find out in a difficult way, I still needed some work, but it feels good coming out on the other side of all of it, especially with friends who know you too well and your therapist whom you’ve been working with every step of the way, saying how impressed and proud of you they are. Don’t get me wrong – there is always something more to work on – it’s the beauty of being human. We always get to have our faults and flaws. But we also get to have people in our life who love all of us - including every fault and flaw. It’s nice to be one of those people for yourself.
I get one more “day off” before I have to deal with this next pitch. At least I know I am getting thrown a curve ball so I can at least be a little prepped for it. On Monday, I get to choose how I am going to hit it. Bundt? Walk? Hit it out of the park? I honestly do not know, and for the first time in a long time, I am completely OK with that.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please... Comment away!