
I am feeling the need to say something in regards to Election Day. It really feels amazing that we have gotten to the point in this country where someone OTHER than 2 white men are in the White House. I think that was the thing that I was so excited about with this election…that no matter who won, McCain or Obama, we would either have an African American or a woman in the White House. That really makes me feel good.
I admit it. I voted for John McCain. I respect the man. I think his background is incredible, and I think with the way this country is at the moment, especially internationally speaking, he would have been the best choice. But the other thing I have learned, and this probably comes from having family in the military, is that you should always respect your President. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with everything he or she says or does, but you need to respect them.
The one thing that makes me sad though is that when they called the election tonight, there were still hundreds if not thousands of people standing in line at the polls in California. I think that is wrong. I think it is wrong because no one should feel like their vote and voice wasn’t heard.
I honestly don’t think any Republican had a chance this election. Our country is in deep shit at the moment. Really, really deep shit. And with the war and the economy coming from a Republican President, I honestly don’t blame more than half of the country for voting the way they have today. Obama inspired Americans. And right now, Americans really need to be inspired and feel like we can believe in something. So…Congratulations President Barack Obama. You are walking into a scary situation and I wouldn’t want to be you. Please, please, please make this country proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please... Comment away!