
It’s amazing how something so small can change your perception and your feelings about someone. I know relationships are not everything that they are in movies or on the TV. They aren’t what we hear about as little girls with princes and white horses. Relationships aren’t perfect. People aren’t perfect.
But relationships aren’t about yelling either. They aren’t about throwing things and screaming at 2am. They aren’t about being afraid and watching of everything you say or changing yourself so that you keep the other person calm.
Drugs are deal breakers for me. I don’t want to be around them. I don’t want them in my life. I can’t try and love someone who uses them. I can’t because I want a healthy family one day and because I have seen first hand, with my birthmother, what drugs do to families. Mix drugs and domestic violence and the combo is a lot worse. I dodged that bullet once. Maybe I am again.
I know deep down inside that I cannot fix someone who does not see themselves as doing anything wrong. But it hurts to see someone you care about do things you think are hurting them. And for some reason, I am not one to be able to just let go of things and walk away. I care about people. I care about people even when they don’t care about me, or at least show it in a way that I don’t understand.
A little blue bag changed my perception of things. Something as simple as a little blue bag that I wasn’t even looking for, changed my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please... Comment away!