
So I am kind of pissed. And why this is hitting me so hard tonight, I don’t know. Part of it is probably because I heard someone today say that they were leaning on voting “yes” on Prop 8 last week, and it floored me. I would have never thought they would have thought this way, even for a second. I asked them how legalizing gay marriage would hurt them? I asked how not legalizing gay marriage would affect them? I needed SOME explanation on how in the world gay marriage has ANY affect on their rights, on their life, on them at all. And they couldn’t come up with one answer.
Seriously!!!! What is so wrong with this country that more than half of the State of California would want to tell two people who love each other that it doesn’t matter??? How would “Bob and Bill” getting married have anything to do with anyone else?
The way I see it, most of us are going to get divorced anyway. I am pretty sure it is over 50% of the population. And that is just your first divorce. So if there are two people who truly love each other, whether that is a woman and a man, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, how could I tell them not to spend their lives together? Hell, they are doing a lot better in the love department than I have done.
I think anyone who voted “yes” on Prop 8 should really do some serious thinking. Don’t throw the religion card at me. I am Christian and it is NOT my right as a Christian to judge anyone. If one of my gay friends gets to the gates of Heaven and finds out they are going to hell for being gay, I will let them take that argument up with God. I don’t see that happening though since what we know as Christians is that God loves all of us. So don’t try and use that excuse. I’m going to let God be the judge of that one. Not me.
This country has finally gotten to the point where we can elect a black President. And California, which is supposed to be one of the most forward thinking, liberal States, managed to give more rights to farm animals this election, but take rights away from human beings. I think THAT is a much bigger problem than gay marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please... Comment away!