
You can begin by stopping with the "Double D" jokes. I officially declared February 25, 2009 “Difficult Day”. I am just now catching up from the aftermath of it. Having both your computer and your Blackberry crash on the same day doesn’t help your day. One of them seems to be working fine now (we will see though when I actually try and post this blog) and the other is still fighting with me. Thank goodness for friends that take you out for wine on “Difficult Day”. And screw that same friend that let’s you stay out with them until 4am. It makes February 26 start out as a different type of “difficult day”. And to think they put up with me again tonight. It goes back to my philosophy on "if you can put up with my moments of pure insanity, your a keeper". We will be keeping him.
In all seriousness though, things are just nuts! Aside from the technology problems, eye surgery is looking like it is going to be in my near future which sounds like no fun at all. I completed trip #3 to the eye doctor in one week today. The work situation is looking good…I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with the pages and pages and pages of information that I have to fill out for a background check for my potential new (part time) gig. And it kind of scares me that I was able to find the citation number of a ticket I got in 2005. I may be pushing on the lines of being a little TOO organized when it comes to paperwork.
I am “doubling” my DDs to stand for another new aspect of my life. Julie is “Done Dating”. I am going to chalk it up to just not having a clue about what to do with men in my own life and accept the fact that I may just never get it. The insane part of it is that I am fantastic at relationship counseling – I do it for a job, I have friends calling for my advice all the time…and the majority of the time I get a call back saying that I was right! I made a joke the other day about how I can be a Marriage and Family Therapist without having a relationship of my own and it comes down to the old joke of “Those Who Can’t Do…Teach!”. Sigh. Someone is eventually going to have to explain to me how I can come out of a date thinking it went really well and then have zero follow up for a next date. I just saw the movie “He’s Just Not That Into You” and I highly recommend it for anyone who has ever attempted to date. There are days I feel like I should have been cast as the main character in that movie. Every single one of my male friends tell me the same thing…hell…my female friends do too…if he really wants to see you again he is either going make the 2nd date at the end of the first OR you will hear from him the next day. So someone PLEASE explain to me WHY I find the need to attempt the follow up myself after those opportunities have passed??? Not only do I fail at my follow-up, I fall flat on my face…and bang my head a few times. Sigh. I am done dating. I am going to go teach others how to be successful in their relationships instead.
Difficult Dates. Day Done. Or something like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please... Comment away!