Sunday, December 27, 2009

Requiescat in pace




I am not really sure what I think in regards to people being in tune with others.  My mom swears by it… says she knows when I am up to something or feels like she should call me.  I hear other people talk about this too – like with a sister or someone they are really close to. 

There are definitely times that I have felt a sudden urge to call someone and they pick up the phone saying that they were just thinking about me.  An old friend from San Francisco does this to me a lot where I will think of him randomly and get an email from him 30 seconds later.  Tonight, I thought about someone who I haven’t thought of in quite a while, and haven’t spoken to in over 10 years.  I was extremely close to this person for a while but because of not seeing eye-to-eye with his mother, we eventually stopped speaking.  I “Googled” him for the heck of it tonight, and the second webpage is his mother’s obituary from yesterday morning.  Coincidence?   I honestly don’t know. 

I like thinking that God has us connected to one another in ways that we aren’t even conscious of.  I have always thought that people are put into our lives for certain reasons and that we are supposed to learn something from every single person that crosses our path.  I wonder if when someone crosses my mind, or if I get a strange feeling about someone, if that is God’s way of saying I need to contact them.  I wonder if when we run into someone on the streets that we haven’t seen in years, is it because we have unfinished business with them?  I like to think so.  It seems that in this complex and amazing world we are in, we would be connected on a higher level.  At least at a level above Facebook or Blackberry Messenger. 

It is in no way appropriate that I contact this old friend or send the traditional Peace Lily that I would want to.  I just hope and pray that my old friend’s family is doing OK during this time of their loss.  Rest in Peace P.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please... Comment away!