Thursday, January 14, 2010

Worth Every Penny



I am so excited.  Tomorrow I am traveling to Colorado to spend the (long) weekend with one of my best friends David.  As I was telling him today, I am proud of this trip.  That sounds strange, but if you know me well, you know how I budget, spend wisely, don’t use credit cards the way they are meant to be used, and am deathly afraid of debt. 

When David asked me to come out to see him, I hesitated for a second when I looked at the plane ticket prices, but then said to myself, “this is the best way you could possibly spend this money”.  Going to Colorado to spend the weekend with David is what life is about!  I don’t need to spend that money on anything more important then being able to spend real quality time with someone that I love and honestly, I hate the fact that I haven’t done it more in the past.  David is priceless and I need to remember that when it comes to him and the other people in my life that I care about so much. 

I have had friends that have invited me to all different places and have asked me to do some amazing things.  Unfortunately I have passed on some of those things that I think would have been life long memories. 

I guess the important thing is to take those opportunities to do the things you want to do…and take those opportunities now.   As a friend just reminded me, you never know when the things you have could be gone, and I know it is so cliché, but it is so very true too.  There are still so many things I want to do, things I want to share with other people.  Denver here I come…it will be worth every single penny.  And I promise to start spending more of those pennies when it comes to things like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please... Comment away!