There seems to be a lot of weddings and babies happening recently. With the tool of Facebook, it is so easy to keep up with other people and see what is happening in their lives, even if they are thousands of miles away.
This year, two of my closest friends are having huge life events. My best friend is getting married. I am so thrilled that I get to be her maid of honor and think, almost daily, about any little things I can do that would make the day even more special for her. I am so thrilled for her. She deserves to have an amazing man in her life and although I have never met her fiancé, she is as happy as I have ever seen her and I that is all that counts.
Another girlfriend is pregnant with her 2nd child and I am so excited to soon be an “Aunt” to who a little girl who will most undoubtedly be absolutely beautiful and brilliant. Again, another woman who deserves the world. I just finished wrapping up her gift, which is more for Emma’s mom than it is for Emma.
Add the other 50+ “friends” of mine that are doing the “baby thing” right now (and luckily most of them have already done the “marriage thing”) and there are a lot of new happy families being created.
Babies and weddings are just fantastic. I love watching people I love have wonderful things happen in their lives. I hope to experience both of those things myself one day. If not, at least I can say I was an aunt and a maid of honor for two of the most fantastic women I know.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please... Comment away!