Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Warm and Fuzzy (by yourself)


I promise this up front: This entry is not going to have direction or purpose.

I have faith that life works out the way it is supposed to.  About one night a month I need a pep talk.  Tonight is that night.  I am in the middle of one as I write via text from San Francisco.  I usually get something silly from this friend which always helps, and not because I want something silly, but because if I needed something deeper, I know I could get it from this friend.  I think just knowing that exists if needed is enough to tide me over. 

Valentine’s Day is this weekend.  I love Valentine’s Day.  Even when I am single there is something fantastic about the concept of a day that celebrates giddiness, love, affection and cut out paper hearts.  I guess maybe just knowing the possibility of love could be around every corner of each new day makes us hopeless (hopeful) romantics a little warm and fuzzy inside. 

When you are an MFT student, people tend to assume you analyze everything about them.  For those out there that are not MFT students, I can promise you, that is not the case.  I do think though that combining that course of study with working in an environment that I work in scares a lot of people away.  People assume everything, or maybe I should say, assume very specific things.  Things aren’t always what they seem.  Wanting to make a change in the world, even if it is only for a few hundred people, should not be interpreted as a negative thing.  That sounds like a ridiculous statement.  Unfortunately, it’s not because there are people that do think that way. 

Looking back, this entry does have direction and purpose.  It all actually ties together.  Faith, pep talks, Valentine’s Day, feeling misrepresented by your career choices…it all ties in.  Feeling “warm and fuzzy” by yourself only feels so “warm and fuzzy” especially in LA.

Like I said, these nights are few and far between.  I shared this night tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please... Comment away!