You know, I think that most of the TV shows that MTV produces are pretty lame. And the fact that I just used the word lame is pretty MTV-ish. But with that being said, I have just finished watching my second episode of “The Buried Life” and I actually think it is pretty decent. To be honest, I am kind of surprised it took this long for someone to come up with the concept of the show. Or maybe it is just that it took this long for others to think it was a decent idea. If you haven’t seen it, it is worth half an hour of your life.
A few of the guys in the show remind me of some people I went to college with. Thinking about these people make me contemplate what it is that makes people on the East Coast and the West Coast so different. Don’t get me wrong…there are great people here and great people there… And of course there are crappy people on both coasts as well. I have met many people in Los Angeles that think the people here don’t have the same kindness about them as the people in other parts of the country. I am not sure what I think about that. I have met some people here with hearts bigger than I can imagine someone having. Then again, I have met some very “cold” people as well. I am not convinced it is an East-West thing.
My mother actually made a point the other day that really got me thinking. She mentioned that the worst thing about people trying to date these days is that people don’t take the time to get to know others at all before they write them off. She is right. People say that they don’t believe in love at first site, but there are countless people that pass on a second date after spending an hour of fantastic conversation with someone else, just because they don’t look exactly the way they want them to. I have done it. I have had people do it to me. It sucks because we pass on people that could end up being great. It was easier when we were younger and you met people at school and had to take the time to get to know them. The people I have cared about the most in my life are not people I would have given a second glance in a crowded room. But to this day, they are still some of the most attractive people I have ever met because I really know them. That kind of attractiveness doesn’t go away overnight. In fact, that type of attraction tends to grow.
It’s actually kind of funny – when I think about it, I have found it harder to get to know people then further West I move. North Carolina is a piece of cake. Midwest was easy too, although I think my industry had a lot to do with that. Maybe it is an East-West thing. Who knows. I just know I don’t want to make any judgments at a first glance and I most definitely do not believe in love at first sight.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please... Comment away!