
Not sure if I have one direct thought tonight. I guess I am mostly thinking about respect and boundaries. I see situations (or hear about situations) all the time on the hotline about people not being respected (as a whole) and not having their boundaries respected. These situations are on the extreme levels, but they have made me much more aware of my own boundaries and whether I feel like people are giving me respect.
I went out to dinner tonight with someone whom has expressed a great deal of interest in me. As much as I would love to be in a relationship right now, I am not on that level with this person yet and have asked them – very bluntly I might add – to give me some time to get to know them as a friend. Tonight I expected those wishes to be respected. They weren’t. Even after talking about it the situation again tonight, he still tried to play the boyfriend card with me.
If I want to get to know you and develop a friendship, I don’t want to hold your hand. I don’t want you to put your arm around me. I don’t want you to try and kiss me. I sure as heck don’t want to spend the night. I don’t want to hear how you can’t believe that I don’t see how right the two of us would be together.
To have someone do all of these things does not make me want to be with them more. It actually makes me want to not even pursue a friendship because they obviously cannot respect me, or my boundaries. Not sure how anyone would think that would be the way to sweep a woman off their feet or start a relationship.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please... Comment away!