Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Love You, Half-Eaten Chocolates


I am a huge fan of Valentine’s Day.  As someone who is single, and will not be receiving chocolates or roses or even a Valentine, many would think I would want to boycott this day.  That is not the case here. 

I think what I like most about this day is that it gives me a warm feeling inside.  It makes me want to hug people, tell them I love them, and show an appreciation of having them in my life.  You don’t have to be “in love” but I think if you know what that feeling and emotion is, you can’t help but be a little sentimental. 

What makes me smile the most is the silly little things that you would never want on any other day from someone.  Just tonight, I had to make a run by the grocery store and I passed a stuff animal that was this adorable fat bee, with a big smile holding a heart that says “Bee Mine”.  You can’t get much cheesier than that and I swear I almost bought it for myself. 

The other thing I love about this day, that cracks me up every time, is seeing a heart shaped box of chocolates, where just about every single piece has been bitten into, with the other half left behind.  The boxes are always full of surprises and we never end up liking half of what is in them.  But for some reason, anytime I see a half eaten chocolate, I have to smile.  I think I may need to stop by and pick up my own box to take a few bites out of this year. 

Love is a fantastic feeling and it is something that everyone needs.  It is proven!  Everyone needs love.  Of course I wish I had a sweetheart of my own this year, but since I don’t, I will spend my day making sure that all the people that I do love are aware of it.  Yes, I should do it every day, and honestly I think I am pretty good at making sure the people in my life know how important they are to me, but Valentine’s Day is just another good excuse to remind them.  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome JJ! Happy Valentine's day! Miss you!
    xoxo Lisa B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an amazing woman. And you're one of my only friends who tells me how much you appreciate me and it means so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please... Comment away!